Refloat the boat! A celebratory weekend with Rubicon 3
Come and join a massive celebration of all that's good in the world. Fresh air, the open water, sailing, great friends and a wonderful community of like-minded people. Two days of sailing in the Solent with all four Rubicon 3 yachts and over 30 like-minded adventurers. Meet on the Friday night for some beers in the local pub, then a huge cooked breakfast on board to start the day, followed by fun and games out on the water until we dock in Cowes for the night. We'll reserve tables at a fun restaurant and have a proper Rubicon 3 style evening, before more breakfast, another fun day of sailing and finish back at Portsmouth 1600hrs Sunday.
These are the available dates and routes. To book your place, please select the dates from the drop-down above the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- 05-06 September 2020 (Full price: £299)
- 12-13 September 2020 (Full price: £299)
- 19-20 September 2020 (Full price: £299)
This is a sample itinerary for the weekend. The weather will decide the exact plans but this is the likely plan
For those who wish to, join the night before for a fun night and some beers in the pub.
- 0900 All crew to be on the boat for coffee and croissants
- 0930 Safety briefings and issuing of lifejackets
- 1000 Off the dock for a fun day of sailing, mini races, challenges and more
- 1230 Anchor off Osborne Bay for packed lunch
- 1700 arrive in Cowes, Isle of Wight for a fun evening in town and dinner ashore in a local restaurant (price not included)
- 0900 The famous Rubicon 3 cooked breakfast on board to help clear any fuzzy heads
- 1030 Off the dock for more fun challenges, a parade of sail and a race back to Portsmouth
- 1600 Arrive Portsmouth for a celebratory last beer, group photo, award ceremony and home
JOINING & LEAVING THE BOAT
- You should join the boat Haslar Marina, Gosport between 1800 hrs on the Friday night and 0900 on Saturday morning.
- Accommodation is provided on the boats for Friday and Saturday nights
- You should leave the boat at 1600hrs on Sunday
- There is free customer parking in Haslar Marina.
- Portsmouth Harbour is the nearest rail station and is a short ferry ride from the marina
AGE & EXPERIENCE
These adventure sailing holidays are open to everyone aged 18 years and over. If you are aged 70 or over, or have any concerns about your health, we ask that you get a doctor’s note before booking. This is just to make as certain as possible that you will be okay out on the water.
NO PREVIOUS SAILING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
We provide the foul weather clothing, life-jackets and all other technical equipment you will need. We really urge you not to spend any extra money unless you are sure you want to! You need to bring a sleeping bag and some waterproof boots.
We are committed to helping as many people as possible have an amazing sailing holiday and experience the magic of the sea. Our skippers and mates have medical training and the boats have some medical supplies and equipment on board. However, the reality is that once on board access to professional medical assistance is going to be slower than if you were on land. If we are offshore it may be some days. For this reason we ask you to check through the medical disclosure form below before you book. If you answer yes to any of the questions, you should get in touch with us before you book. It will probably still be fine but it’s good to make sure. You will be asked to submit the form electronically 14 days before the start date, ensuring that we have the most up to date information.
- It is essential that you have adequate travel insurance in place for your sailing holiday.
- We strongly recommend that you arrange insurance that covers you for any medical mishaps in the build up to your holiday so that should you have to cancel, you can reclaim your fees.
- Please note we cannot refund your money or cancel your invoice due to medical issues.
- For our latest guidance on travel insurance, please read here.
TRIP CATEGORY: COASTAL SAILING
Mostly day sailing, shorter mileage and more time to head ashore and explore.
INCLUDED IN YOUR SAILING HOLIDAY
- Foul weather clothing to keep you dry in any conditions.
- Fladen immersion suits. These will keep you warm in even the coldest, windiest conditions.
- Ocean-spec lifejackets. These are the best on the market.
- All on-board food and snacks.
- Daily sailing lessons and tuition from two highly experienced instructors.
- RYA sailing qualifications where applicable.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Your travel to and from the start and end points.
- Travel insurance (see our travel insurance page here)
- Any alcohol – but feel free to bring your own or buy some along the route.
- Any meals you eat ashore.
Everything’s included except for flights, travel insurance, a sleeping bag and some waterproof boots. There are no hidden extras.
- These expeditions have small numbers of people on board. When you book, you are committing to being a part of the crew.
- These are genuine adventure sailing holidays and you will be helping sail the boat, planning where we go, navigating, cooking and keeping the boat clean and tidy.
- When you book, the deposit is non-refundable. It is possible to cancel subsequently, however you may still be liable for the balance of the invoice, depending on how close you are to the start date when you cancel.
- Please ensure you have read and agreed to the T&Cs and read the Trip Notes before booking.