Join our mailing list

Help me choose!

Rubicon 3: Coronavirus update

Coronavirus / COVID-19 UPDATE: MARCH 17 2020

All Rubicon 3 sailing and courses have been suspended with immediate effect. It is no longer safe or practical to run non essential sailing trips. please bear with us at this unprecedented time. We will be contacting all customers.

End

——————————————-

Rubicon 3 policy on sailing expeditions in relation to the recent Coronavirus outbreak

We remain very vigilant regarding the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak. The safety and well-being of our customers, skippers and mates is always our absolute priority. At this time, due to the nature of sailing expeditions, we have no reason to believe any of our trips will be significantly altered or cancelled. Our approach to is as below:

1. Our customers

Should the UK FCO, global or local health authorities advise against travel to a country, we will amend our itinerary as necessary. Where this is not possible we may have to cancel a trip. The nature of being at sea, anchoring and arriving in small harbours means that we think it is very unlikely that we will need to make significant alterations or cancellations. If for any reason a trip did have to be cancelled we would look to arrange you a really good alternative or ultimately offer a refund.

We are constantly checking the UK FCO for all countries we sail to, and will let you know if we think there is going to be any impact to your trip with us.

What if Rubicon 3 cancels my trip?

As stated before, we think this is incredibly unlikely as sailing trips are so flexible. If however Rubicon 3 had to cancel your trip due to Coronavirus, you can transfer free of charge to another trip of your choice. If there is no other trip you wish to move to, we will provide a full refund.

2. Safety on our trips

All of our skippers and mates have been briefed on the situation and are on heightened alert. They are aware of the symptoms and what to look for and are aware of the standard protective measures advised by the FCO

3. Advice to travellers who believe they may have coronavirus or have been in a high risk situation

If you have any reason to believe you may have a higher than expected risk of infection, please contact us to discuss suitable actions. This will include you if you:

  • Have visited China, including Macau and Hong Kong in the last 30 days (including airport transit) or within 14 days of the start of your trip and are showing symptoms of the virus (see information from the NHS here)
  •  Have visited or are due to visit the following countries within 14 days of the start of your trip and are showing symptoms of the virus (see information from the NHS here)South Korea – Thailand – Japan – Taiwan – Singapore – Malaysia – Iran –  Italy  – Vietnam – Cambodia – Laos – Myanmar – Japan – Tenerife – only the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel
  • May have been close to an infected person in their country of residence.

If you believe you fall into one of the above categories, please contact us as soon as possible on +44(0)20 3086 7245

We are very confident that any impact to our trips will be minimal and that we have sufficient measures in place to maintain the safety of all our crew.

Unless we specifically advise you otherwise, standard booking terms and conditions apply for anyone who wishes to delay, transfer or cancel their booking due to Coronavirus concerns.

General Policy on Travel Safety & Changes to your holiday with Rubicon 3

Our policy on travel security advice from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office is as follows:

  • We will always follow FCO advice, and we will not sail to areas where the advice is against all non-essential travel. Where we cancel trips for this reason, passengers will be offered a transfer to an alternative tour or a full refund.
  • If it comes to it, decisions about when to cancel upcoming trips will be made on a rolling basis, as the advice can change at any time. Where the advice for a country is temporarily against all non-essential travel, we will not normally cancel trips more than 6 weeks before the date of travel.
  • The safety of everyone onboard is always our highest concern and we will continue to monitor the situation. Updates will be added to this web page as and when they become available.

Should you wish to discuss your upcoming travel plans, please call us on 020 3086 7245 during office hours or email admin@rubicon3.co.uk